Check carefully to see if you can get yourself back in, in any way If not you will need a Locksmiths help immediately please use our find a locksmith tool to find a licensed Locksmith local to you.
If you are locked out at an untimely hour, then a 24 Hour Emergency Locksmith Service will be needed. Many Locksmiths offer this service especially for lock outs, to find a one local to you use the find a locksmith tool.
Lost house keys, misplaced keys and still locked out of the house?
If you have lost your keys or are locked out of the house you will need a Locksmiths help immediately please use our find a locksmith search tool where you can find a licensed Locksmith local to you
If you have lost your keys to your house be it for the front door or windows, even just locked yourself out of your house a licensed Locksmith can help you at the most inconvenient of times in the most convenient manner.
Accessing property after losing or misplacing the original keys doesn’t mean accessing by smashing glass or damaging expensive doors to your home.
Master Locksmiths are trained to access properties painlessly and effortlessly.
There are things that can be fitted to prevent this happening;
- Fit roller rim locks – they need a key to be turned in the cylinder to lock them from the outside.
- Door restrictors – will stop the door from shutting behind you.
- Oil your locks – People seem to forget about checking/oiling their locks and doors checking for worn keys badly cut keys and not sorting out a problem until it is too late
- When a door starts to stick – get it checked out and don’t let it get worse.
- If you do get locked out a qualified Locksmith should be able to get you back in without damage (unless the lock has broken).
Key cutting or need spare set of keys
Visit the find a locksmith page to find the nearest licensed locksmith to you.
How does a locksmith again access to my property?
You will most likely need a lock picking if you have locked out yourself out of your home or lost your keys. Most locksmith use a non destructive way of opening to enter your property.
If you need a locksmiths help you gain access by picking a lock please to visit the Find a Locksmith page to locate your nearest locksmith
PVCu Door and Window Locks
If you need your PVCu Door or Window Locks repairing for your house/business or any property a qualified Locksmith should be your first port of call. This is a specialist advanced area of locksmithing which only a qualified locksmith should be doing.
Do not keep forcing a PVCu handle up to lock it, you should be able to just lift it, if not adjustments are all that is needed usually!
Lost your keys to a PVCu door
A locksmith will be able to:
- Gain entry to your property
- Change the lock cylinder
When changing the lock cylinder then we recommend
- Upgrading the cylinder to a SS312 Diamond approved cylinder to protect from lock snapping
- Making sure the new cylinders meet insurance requirements
- Have your cylinders keyed alike (one key to work all locks)
- Consider upgrading the multipoint locking system on the door to help improve security
Changing/Replacing House Locks
You may need to change and fit new door locks if you have recently moved into a new home or business, replacing the locks is a specialist area and there could be a number of reasons why you need a new lock fitting.
A locksmith will be able to help out with the following:
- Changing and Fitting a new lock
- Upgrading locks for insurance reasons
- Lost the keys to the lock
- Replacing the lock if it is damaged or faulty
- Losing your keys to a PVCu Window
A locksmith will be able to provide a new key. If doing this, why not check your vulnerable locks such as those on the ground floor and those on upper floors next to flat roofs.
Lost the keys to a Garage Doors – Garage doors keys are usual slightly different in appearance to front and back door keys, but an approved locksmith will have no problem in cutting a new key for you.
To find your local locksmith click here