Key Cutting – Need Replacement Keys Cut?
What types of keys can be cut?
A Locksmith will be able to duplicate any set of keys and also cut keys to fit any type of lock.
- Keys for Cylinder Locks
- Key for Mortice Locks
- Key for Rim Locks
- Garage Door keys
- Ancient / Antique Keys
- PVCu Doors and Windows
- Double Glazing Keys
- Tubular Keys
- Vehicle Keys
- Vehicle Transponder Keys
- Cupboard / Desk / Locker Keys
- Special Section / Restricted Keys
- Patented Keys ( restrictions may apply )
- Keys for Security Safes
- Double Sided Key
- Four sided key
- Paracentric key
- Internal Cut key
- Abloy key
- Dimple key
- Skeleton key
- Zeiss key
Types Of Key Cutting Services
A Locksmith will be able to offer a variety of key cutting services should you need a replacement set of keys, most will be able to cut keys in store should they own a retail premises, or cut keys on site if they are emergency Locksmith.
- Keys Cut To Code
- Broken or Damaged Keys
- Duplication of Keys should you need a spare set of keys
What type of key can be duplicated?
Depending on the type of key the Locksmith will be duplicating he/she will usually check over or hand finish the key to ensure no sharp edges.
This is usually done for various reasons:
- Most commonly finishing the new copy to ensure when the key is used in the lock it does not leave any scores or imperfections on the leavers/detainers inside the lock.
- If the levers or detainers were to get scored this could result in more than one lever/detainer lifting inside the lock in operation causing a potential lock out situation.
- The same applies to deburing cylinder type keys or any type of pin tumbler or wafer style lock as swarf (tiny fragments of metal) can get into the lock and cause issues with tolerances or reliability of that lock.