If you have lost your keys to your vehicle, an auto locksmith will be able to help.
All you have to do is provide the locksmith with the following information so they can get to work and sort you out with a new set of keys as quickly as possible.
First of all, you need to tell the locksmith what type of car keys you have, they will be either one of the following:
- Transponder Car Keys (most cars after 1995 have transponder chips and programmed to a specific car)
- Electronic Chips / Key Fobs / Remote Keys
- Non Remote / Standard Car Keys (vehicle without remote central locking)
Secondly, you will need to tell the locksmith the following relevant information about vehicle:
- Make and model
- Registration number
- Vehicle identification number (can be found on your V5 document – see your vehicles log book)
- Personal identification (documentation showing name, photo, address to help confirm ownership of the vehicle)
- Postcode of where you are, should you require a emergency locksmith to come to you
To find your local locksmith click here